At James Group we are closely monitoring the situation regarding the outbreak of coronavirus and are taking immediate precautionary measures based on our BCP (Business Continuity Plan) which align with the recommended approach from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
Below is a brief overview of James Group’s key steps and the approach we have taken:
· As protecting the wellbeing of our employees and their families is our primary focus, we have provided an option to work from home. There is no forced office closure or shut down period at this stage however the numbers of staff working in our premises will minimize to a skeleton staff level.
· All staff are aware of the standard hygiene practices that are recommended to minimise the spread of germs.
· James Group staff who are feeling unwell, or are at high risk of exposure, are self-isolating for 14 days and taking the necessary well-being advice where necessary.
· James Group staff returning to New Zealand from overseas are self-isolating or self-quarantining for 14 days as per Government recommendations and regulations.
· Remote access is in place, enabling each staff member the opportunity work remotely at their discretion
· Virtual meeting options are available.
· All external events and trainings are are under review – the outcomes are determined based on the order of importance and where possible these are being postponed, worst case cancelled until further notice.
· We advise staff to take extra precautions during client meetings (which they have deemed necessary) and are very mindful regarding their hygiene requirements.
· We are asking all external guests to refrain from visiting our offices if they have recently travelled from overseas or are showing any cold/flu-like symptoms.
· Clients and visitors who are showing any cold/flu-like symptoms are welcome to conduct meetings by phone or video conference rather than face-to-face.
· We have imposed travel restrictions on staff travel internationally and air travel domestically to essential needs only. Any business travel is completely voluntary for each individual.
· We are also imposing a 2 week self-isolation period for any such necessary travel.
At time like this, James Group is mindful that this is an ever-evolving and complex situation. We will continue to review and further updates will be added to this page as appropriate.
Stay safe and healthy out there…
James Group Management