We are hiring
Job Title: Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Broker
Reports to: Blair James, Managing Director
Who are we?
James Group is the only Real Estate services company to be a member of the Deloitte New Zealand’s Fastest 50 growing companies. We are the David amongst the Goliaths of Auckland’s commercial property market. James Group is a boutique, fast-paced, innovative and highly energetic commercial and industrial property company offering Sales, Leasing and Management services.
2021 marks the beginning of year 9 for James Group. We have a 23-strong team including REINZ National rising star champions in both auctioneering and agency. Often considered the disruptors in the industry, we are firmly entrenched in the commercial and industrial property sector. We have created a nice in our sector where rivals cannot match us. We challenge you to experience the James Group difference.
Why choose James Group?
We have a creative, unique team that works. The culture at James Group is energetic and enthusiastic. There is no secret to James Group’s unique approach: “young guns with old school values”. We pride ourselves on our ability to relate to all people evident by the continued repeat business generated and ever growing strength of word of mouth across the industry.
What does this role include?
Our broker roles include sales and lease negotiations and of course creating lasting relationships with all landlords and tenants. Whether you are already a part of the industry and are looking for a new opportunity with more personalised support or you are brand new to real estate, we would love to hear from you. Being a commission based salary role, we are looking for adaptable, self-motivated individuals looking to build a strong financial future.
This opportunity will allow you to work alongside and learn from successful senior agents, getting you front line real estate experience within a successful business and a dynamic, lively team.
- Handling cold calls to business owners and managers, both to locate new potential sales and to collect statistical information.
- Providing tenants and landlords with relevant information on sale and leasing availability, current market conditions, and property values.
- Researching and analysing typical sale prices and lease payments for other commercial or industrial properties and office complexes in the area.
- Utilizing statistical analysis techniques, including breakeven analysis, to help clients determine a basic margin of safety.
- Preparing offers, term sheets, and lease amendments, and participating in contract negotiations and due diligence
- Maintaining current knowledge of market conditions, property values, and legislation that may affect the real estate industry.
- Researching and discussing property maintenance costs and possible renovations, networking with local businesses, negotiating between buyers and sellers, overseeing property inspections, arranging for financing, and facilitating final transactions.
- Drafting correspondence to existing and prospective clients.
- Engaging in local business community and charitable events, as well as industry and professional associations for the purpose of creating new contacts and generating new business.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in company CRM or Database that supports owner activity reporting.
Skills, knowledge & your vibe:
- Self-motivated with a passion for property and client relationship
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, and ability to understand and present contracts
- Understanding how to create value with clients, and genuinely building relationships with people
- Understanding the importance of accountability with clients and team members
- Training or a qualification in real estate would be strongly desired
- Must hold a valid NZ Drivers License
How do you apply?
We would love to hear what you can bring to the table at James Group!
If you think this sounds like you and you are Auckland based, please drop by and sell us your strengths! Or send through your CV to